Accounting in an equivalent position: 3 years (Required)
Full Job Description
N4N’s Senior Accountants are responsible for assisting with the day-to-day bookkeeping, general accounting, and financial reporting for N4N’s clients. Works together with N4N’s Directors of Nonprofit Consulting, Nonprofit Accounting Consultants, Staff Accountants, and other staff on accounting projects and onboarding new clients as needed. Promotes clients’ missions through accurate, dependable, and timely performance of services.
This position may occasionally work from home, but proximity to the Dane County area and ability to meet with clients onsite is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Multiple Client Accounting
- Manages day-to-day accounting needs and monthly close processes of clients as assigned.
- Acts as main contact for assigned clients to prepare and confirm monthly financials are completed accurately and on time.
- Completes interim bank reconciliations, credit card entry, and makes online payments for client credit cards, retirement contributions, and life and disability premiums.
- Assists with Bill.com transactions, follows up on old checks and aging AR items, and performs other AP/AR tasks as requested.
- Obtains bank statements, donor statements, and other documents through approved online access of the clients’ portals.
- Creates/pulls reports as requested by clients.
- Advises client on grant spending vs budget, coding of expenses, etc. Files grant reports as needed for clients. Prepares projections and grant modifications to assist clients to fully spend grant funds.
- Responds promptly to client inquiries and requests.
2. Special Projects
- Cross trains on other account leads’ clients to build redundancy and coverage.
- Assists with the onboarding process of new clients. Works together with assigned account lead to ensure a smooth transition.
- Communicates with client about any changes in services or on-site arrangements. Fully understands the scope of the contract and helps onboard the client.
- Provides support to other staff as needed.
3. Audit Preparations
- Provides any documentation requested by the auditors on behalf of the client.
- Makes sure final documents are complete and saved to client files.
- Communicates with client and auditor regarding timeline, scope and process of audit.
- Reviews draft audit for accuracy and communicates with client and auditor on any concerns that arrive during the process. Assists client with implementing any auditor suggestions as needed.
4. Staff Support and supervision
- Supervision of accounting assistants as assigned.
- Available for fielding questions from accounting assistants.
- Providing support to the Directors of Nonprofit Consulting as needed and performing other job duties as assigned by the Directors of Nonprofit Consulting.
This outline is not all-inclusive and other tasks may be assigned as opportunities arise.
1. Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position or suitable alternative
- QuickBooks experience
2. Required Knowledge and Skills
- High level of comfort in QuickBooks desktop, QuickBooks Online, and Excel
- Intermediate skills in Word and Outlook
- Comfort with multitasking and concurrently managing the needs of multiple clients.
- Familiarity with online bill payment software
- Professional demeanor and customer service skills
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to communicate responsively via various means – phone, email, text, in-person.
3. Other Qualifications/Requirements
- Mandatory attendance at firm’s annual customer appreciation party, typically occurring in late spring/early summer.
- Occasional evening/weekend attendance at client events may be requested.
- A reliable mode of transportation for traveling from home office to client sites, Milwaukee office, and other meeting locations. A copy of a valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance information will be requested and kept on file.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Share your experience with QuickBooks desktop software and/or QuickBooks Online software.
- What interests you about working at Numbers 4 Nonprofits?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting in an equivalent position: 3 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Location